Ans. 1. Install safety equipments line Earth leakages/overload & short circuit protection (circuit breakers/switches) near point of supply.
2. Ensure healthy earthing be installed at the premises.
3. Wiring done through licensed electrical contractors only.
4. Use ISI marked equipments and cables of proper capacity in the installation.
5. Use proper size fuse wire in main switches.
6. Provide weather proof enclosures to meter and metering equipments. Safe guard the mater & other equipment of the MPPKVVCL in the premises.
7. Replace promptly defective electrical fittings and appliances.
8. Don’t use bare/hanging wires extending supply from are point to other or from one premises to other premises. It is hazardous and causes accidents.
9. Avoid loose connection and points.
10. Do not meddles with live wire/points
11. Do not plant trees below the overhead power lines.
12. Do not construct your building underneath HT or LT line without proper clearance.
13. Avoid theft of energy.
14. Always call licensed electrical contractor for rectification of fault in your premises.
15. For any difficulty related to electrical supply, always contact MPPKVVCL authorities at their offices.
16. Don’t touch electric switch/appliance if your hands are wet or bleeding from a cut.
17. Don’t keep the lamp holder without lamp.
18. Always use properly earthed 3 pin plug to connect refrigerator, wet grinder, mixer, washing m/c etc.
19. Don’t purchase substandard electrical fittings to save money.
Ans.For increasing the sanctioned load of domestic/commercial or industrial (LT) connection apply to concerned distt. Centre/sub-divisional office. For increase in contract demand of a HT connection apply to concerned division office.After confirming the feasibility, the load is sanctioned and demand note is issued which includes additional security deposit service line charge etc.
Ans.After installation of meter, its details and initial, meter reading is supplied to to bill section.The energy bill is issued monthly. The meter reading is taken as per predetermined cycle which may be monthly, bimonthly or trimonthly. Average bill, based on the average consumption of consumer is issued, for the month in which meter reading is not taken which is later on adjusted.
Ans. In case of failure of supply -
1. Contact nearest fuse of call centre, either on telephone or in person to lodge the complaint .
2. At the time of lodging the complaint give details like Name, location service connection no. pole no. etc. for easy access to MPPKVVCL employees.
3. The complaint register is kept at convenient places.
4. MPPKVVCL is not charging any extra charges for attending fuse off call complaint.
If the electric supply of whole area goes off, it may be a major fault and may take some longer duration for restoration of supply.
1. In case of some anomaly in energy bill.- (viz wrong reading, arrears shown though bill is paid etc.)
2. Contact nearest MPPKVVCL office and bring the anomaly in notice of concerned for rectification.
3. In rural arrears the distribution centre or sub-division office deals with billing complaints, while in urban areas ,Divisional office deals with billing problems.
4. In case of abnormal delay in settling the complaint lodged, consumer may contact to higher officers in their offices on any working day.
Ans. The prescribed application form for LT supply may be taken from the Distribution. Centre in the jurisdiction of which the applicant’s premise is situated, after paying the cost of the form and it should be submitted to the same Distribution. Centre. It may also be down loaded from this web site. If the application form is down loaded from the website, the cost of the form should be deposited at the time of submission of duly filled form to OIC of the concern Distribution Centre. The application form for HT supply may be obtained from the Division Office or Circle Office in the jurisdiction of which the applicants premises is situated after paying the cost of the form. The duly filled application form be submitted to concern division office.
Ans.If the power goes off.-----
1. Confirm the outage is in your home only, most likely a fuse has blown or a circuit breaker has opened. This could be a warning of overloaded wiring or a defective appliances check the neighborhood to determine how widespread the outage is.
2. Report the outage at fuse off call centre or distt. Centre.
3. Turn off all appliances that come on automatically.To prevent over-loading of electrical circuit at the time of restoring power, shut off appliances like water heater, refrigerator water pump and air-conditioner.
4. Similarly to avoid damage from lightning or power surge disconnect all sensitive appliance viz TVs computers VCRs/VCP Micro oven etc.
5. Turn off all appliances which were operated.
6. Always keep on alternate source of light on hand such as flash light emergency lights candles with matches, oil lamp with sufficient fuel.
7. If a stand by generator is installed, ensure it is installed and wired properly with adouble throw switch.This will prevent electricity from flowing to the outside lines.
When power comes back –
1. Turn on only most essential appliance when power first comes back wait 10-15 minutes before reconnecting the other appliances.
2. Before witching back to normal heat/cool setting, check the outdoor units to assure it is free from brush or leaves
Ans. 1. Please don’t waste or misuse electricity.It is precious . Discourage the theft of electricity.
2. Protect your energy meter from damage. Do not overload it by connecting unauthorised load. <
3. When meter stop/burns out/gets damaged inform as immediately.
4. Make your payments well in advance to avoid long queues.
5. Cooperate with MPPKVVCL officials to carry out their duties during their visit to your premises.
6. Take all precautions to avoid accidents.
7. Inspite of our best efforts, load shedding/shutdowns/break downs areunavoidable please bear with us and cooperate in such difficult times.
8. Give us your valuable suggestions and feed back. We will continue to upgrade our network and improve our services.